A winter week on leave with rain, rain and yet more rain
my thoughts strayed to making a couple of new modules using an expanded resin insulation board I've had in the garage for several months. The foam board was split in half to give two boards 800 mm x 300mm then off to the hardware shop for a few sections of dressed pine to glue to the resin board to protect the edges and provide some height under the boards for wiring etc. The resulting boards are light for transport in a small car yet very strong.
The general scenario will be a minimum gauge estate railway that has survived into the modern age built to 1/24th scale so I can use the rolling stock and accessories I've collected over the years. The first baseboard scene will be based on the famous Chris Krupa Mathews Corner layout with a few design tweaks. For the original see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9458&hilit=chris+krupa
The basic baseboards are nearly finished and I spent the afternoon in front of the TV making a start on minimum gauging some Peco HO/OO points and flexi track. This followed the familiar process of clipping off alternate sleepers and building up the width and length of the remaining sleepers with Evergreen plastic strip while leaving all the under track web in place. I had to settle for 1.5mm x 1.5mm strip as it was the closest size on the local hobby display rack which is still suffering from post COVID supply chain. Edit. I just checked Sir Arthurs recommended prototype sleeper length and spacing. My memory has failed me so I need to recess both my sleeper spacing and length. Something for tomorrow.
The weather forecast for the weekend is, you guessed it - rain, so quick progress may continue