This Cv-19 lockdown really tests ones patience, and sanity.
Today, I cleaned up the Garage..... then decided to touch up Haywards, after have come across a magazine in the clean up, with an article on Haywards.
Usual maintenance on the scenery, which does tend to get tired after many years, then I thought I'd be brave, and attack the Reversing switch, which has been a bit tempremental for some time now. So I completely removed it from the baseboard and set to, to figure just how it worked. Turns out that the tail of the lever, instead of linking to signalrods etc.,makes contact with either one of the two micro switches that actually do the polarity.
Bit of bending one of those contacts fixed the power routing, and the nuts and bolts holding the assembly together were not just there for looks, they actually hold things together, and almost all were loose. The lever has had a pretty rough time over the 12 years it has been in operation. A quick tighten up had everything all back to perfect working order.
Tomorrow, I'll get stuck into some of my other Gn15 layouts.
Gn15 Gnu Zealand