Haywards Estate Railway

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Gavin Sowry
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, of course. Cricket , Footy and Holden cars!

Re: Haywards Estate Railway

Postby Gavin Sowry » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:01 pm

Bonus in attending shows, you usually pick up something, even a cough or two. I got some grain of wheat bulbs to repair my lighting on Haywards.
All now working, running off a 9V wall plug. Waste of time turning the lights on at Rail-Ex, the venue is so bright, they show no effect. But, at home in the shed, they really make a worthwhile difference. Not using LEDs, as I have to protect my dinosaur status.
Gavin Sowry
Gn15 Gnu Zealand

Gavin Sowry
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Gavin Sowry » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:55 am

This Cv-19 lockdown really tests ones patience, and sanity.
Today, I cleaned up the Garage..... then decided to touch up Haywards, after have come across a magazine in the clean up, with an article on Haywards.

Usual maintenance on the scenery, which does tend to get tired after many years, then I thought I'd be brave, and attack the Reversing switch, which has been a bit tempremental for some time now. So I completely removed it from the baseboard and set to, to figure just how it worked. Turns out that the tail of the lever, instead of linking to signalrods etc.,makes contact with either one of the two micro switches that actually do the polarity.
Bit of bending one of those contacts fixed the power routing, and the nuts and bolts holding the assembly together were not just there for looks, they actually hold things together, and almost all were loose. The lever has had a pretty rough time over the 12 years it has been in operation. A quick tighten up had everything all back to perfect working order.

Tomorrow, I'll get stuck into some of my other Gn15 layouts.
Gavin Sowry

Gn15 Gnu Zealand

Gavin Sowry
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Gavin Sowry » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:43 am

Haywards, along with the rest of my layouts, has just completed 3 days of running at the 2020 Easter Train Show at Taita Gorge.
As usual, no derailments, or hiccups. As predicted by the organiser, there was record (non) attendance for this show, a figure unlikely ever to be repeated.... zero. Average daily attendance, zero, free beer given away, zero (but contents of fridge consumed), beer left in the fridge, zero.
Gavin Sowry

Gn15 Gnu Zealand

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am

Just looked back to Page 1 as it were. December 2006. It’s been quite a journey. Very enjoyable to have been along for the ride.

Cheers,

Return to “Modelling Matters”