Another of my 'regular'
I wanted the roof to 'sag' so I started with card strips for beams/joists. these were cut in a curved shape and glued on.
Next I glued some paper (old Autotrader) on using some left over wallpaper paste. This soaked in and allowed the paper to follow the contours.
Next, took a piece of stiff card and drew lines giving 1/2" squares then painted artists acrylics in lines using black, white, yellow ochre and blue mixed randomly. Applied thickly and in layers to give ridges on the 'tiles' as they are to become.
Cut into squares (freehand so they were a bit uneven) with the odd corner cut off for damage etc. then glued on from the bottom up. Some allowed to 'slip' for an uneven look.
After they wer all on, I thought the colours too strong so I painted a wash of pale green over the lot, sort of moss colour.
I have also finished the interior brickwork and added a bench.
I have also started the cobble road. This will be well overgrown so I made a 1/8" or so thick piece of DAS modelling clay to the approximate shape and contours then when dry I roughly drew the cobbles on then carved them with a motor tool. Painted with artist acrylics, the gaps will be filled with 'earth' and 'grass'.
Finally for now (!) I have made a 'box' to set it all in. This will give me control over the viewpoint as well as something to stick the backscene to. I am also going to put lighting both on the layout and above so there will be a 'roof' to block out unwanted light. The space underneath is needed for another aspect of the project
(Hope I've got enough time left
Andrew Milner, still trying to figure it out....