Well, after several days wait, the local gun shop got in the metal blackener that I had ordered. So over the weekend I got the brass rods blackened, and fitted the cams.
I drilled a hole in the cams for the main rod. And then drilled a very small hole offset at a different rotation for each one. I threaded a small piece of wire through the smaller hole to act as a key (which you can just see in the photo) to hold them in line.
After sitting down with paper and and pencil and working out stamping order, I threaded all the cams on. Only to find out they were all on facing the wrong way
, so the little suckers all came off again. Next time I got the order wrong
. Anyway after the 3rd time I said Stuff It
thats the way they are staying right or wrong
The key wire was soldered on, and the cams were glued in place.
Tonight the glue will have hardened, and I will put on the tappets and find out if it all runs. If it works I will put on all the finishing details.
If not you will probably never hear of this again, and it will find its way to the back of the shelf.