Gn15 #4 Wye Stub Turnout template

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

micrognat
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: scratchbuilding 1/24 scale structures and have been bitten by the bug to build a layout to display them,so I am now building a loco for it.

Gn15 #4 Wye Stub Turnout template

Postby micrognat » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Hello all,
While I am waiting for my donor drive unit to arrive for my critter build,I have turned my attention to the turnouts that I will need for my layout.I have drawn up a template based on HO NMRA turnout specs. to be used for their construction.I have spaced the 1/4" square x 1 1/2" long ties on 5/8" centers.The shaded portion of the template are the PCB ties.After the turnout is soldered together the PCB ties will be epoxied to the tops of the 1/4" x 3/16" ties.Here are a couple of pics of the test switch being constructed.I have a full size template,for free, in a PDF format file if anyone wants one.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers,
Ron.

Moronguhl
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: 09 industrial diesel and battery locos, and track to run them on!

Postby Moronguhl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:20 am

I'll be very interested to watch this! I've tried and failed several times to make my own turnouts, although I've been working on soldering 9mm track, so not quite the same.
Christian Summers

We're gonna need a little rolling stock...and a lot of luck!

I used to have a project link here until the thread was deleted... :(

Return to “Modelling Matters”