Gneiss Cider

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Gerry Bullock
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15 and O Gauge at Club.

Gneiss Cider

Postby Gerry Bullock » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Not a strictly Gnew layout merely the re-jigging of the double decker section of Gneiss Cider (now renamed Gneiss Cider/Farm) to enable it to be shown on its own.
Prime reason for doing this is that this: http://forum.gn15.info/viewtopic.php?t=4485 will just about fit into my car without any passengers which makes it difficult to operate as there are two controllers involved, each end being able to function independently.
The transformation came about as a result of setting up this section over Christmas for my granddaughter to see. Only possible to have it operational if the original fiddle area from Gneiss Farm is attached.
Here's what the punters will see:

Now to the modifications required.
Fiddle yard normally powered from Gneiss Farm just needed this jump wire to make it operational:

Support fabricated to shore-up the Garage/Stable area:

Front vanity panel added:

Finally end panel constructed to incorporate door in stable area and blanking panel to avoid the inevitable. :wink:

Whilst most shows would prefer the whole 2.5m layout I can now show either half without haven't to rely on our Club Bus for transport.
So little time, so many ideas!!!!! GerryB.
http://gn15gnutt.blogspot.com/

Glen A
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Gn15, G 1:24

Postby Glen A » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:43 pm

I love the hi-tech wiring system you have used :lol:

Being adaptable to different hall sizes and transport requirements makes it much more flexible.
When you have got a great layout like this, of course most show organisers usually want the whole lot. But the smaller size will now be able to be offered to venues that you couldn't have otherwise gone to.

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Re: Gneiss Cider

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:37 pm

The Legend of Gneiss Cider continues in the Gnew thread Gneiss Cider - The Fur Covered Years....
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

Return to “Modelling Matters”