New loco

For discussion of the issues faced when building a model or layout - how to replicate wood, what glues to use, exactly how much weathering can a Gnat take, a good source of detailing accessories - you get the picture, I'm sure.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

howard jones
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Big scale model railways - limited space

New loco

Postby howard jones » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi chaps - and a Happy New Year to you all. Thought I would share images of a loco I have completed, part scratch-built but using some of the excellent accessories that Steve B. supplies. I wanted to try the look of a contractors ' yellow' finish to the loco to see if it suits Gn15. Pictures show the base colour I have done but I will be giving it a very heavy weathered finish next so it should lose most of it's ''fresh from the paint shops'' look.
Chassis is a Bachmann GE44 which I was kindly offered and after having tested it ( weighted a little ), prior to fitting, found that these tiny chassis' are excellent ! and should be even better once it's run in. ( Will be searching round for another one ! )javascript:emoticon(':D')Image Image Image Image
Howard the Brush

henrix72se
Seasoned Campaigner
Seasoned Campaigner
Interests: trains, photography, outdoor life.

Postby henrix72se » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Looks Great !!

Nice start on the new year.

/Henrik
I build Industrial and Military Light Railways in 1/35n18 scale - http://Laurell.Today/

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Looking good Howard, you've got some good detailing on her. I might have to "borrow" some of them in future :mrgreen:
I think the colour will work when 'mucked up' a bit :D
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:11 am

Mesh guard around exhaust is a good idea.
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

Return to “Modelling Matters”