(F) Station Identification -- Help Required

Want to talk about Sir Arthur Heywood's 15" gauge railways? About modern day minimum gauge lines? Have you found a minimum gauge line you've not seen mentioned on the website? Want directions to one of the railways that is mentioned? Whatever your interest in real minimum gauge lines, post your questions (and answer other modellers' questions) here.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Mike Lee
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow Gauge Railways/Modelling

(F) Station Identification -- Help Required

Postby Mike Lee » Tue May 12, 2009 10:26 am

Can anybody please help to Identify a station:

Looking back through my 'Railway Byelines' in Volume 3, Issue 3, page 137, in an article called 'And Finally' the photograph of the station by 'F W Shuttleworth' shows a very ornate station 'Hornby' on the ex Midland line between Clapham (Yorkshire), Lancaster and Heysham. Unfortunately the article is an 'April Fool' Ha Bl##dy ha. When I have googled Hornby Station the one that comes up looks nothing like the photo. As far as I can tell there is no follow up article in Vol 3/3, 3/4, 3/5 etc that I can see. I dont think the Station was Hornby, if somebody has Railway Bylines vol 3/3 can they identify the station for me please.

Regards Mike Lee. :?

Mike Lee
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Narrow Gauge Railways/Modelling

It Is Hornby Station

Postby Mike Lee » Thu May 14, 2009 5:00 am

I am reliably informed that it is Hornby station, this was on the Clapham (Yorkshire) to Lancaster Railway, part of the 'Little' North Western Railway. :D I have found pictures of similar buildings at Gargrave and Clapham. My question now is, does anybody know where I can find any photos of Hornby, the only one on 'google images' (Hornby ex MR) does not apear to be Hornby :?:

Mike Lee

commerlad
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Narrow Gauge Obviously

Postby commerlad » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 pm

I have found the society below very useful in the past at obtaining info on old/closed stations

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/

Good luck with your quest!
Sometimes I think laterally, Then I have to get up.

Mark in UK

Return to “Prototype Prattles”