Doll House Show/Emett

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

ijopson
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: MODELMAKING, WOODWORK

Doll House Show/Emett

Postby ijopson » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:07 pm

I came across this picture in a doll house enthusiasts blog (I do have other interests) from a model show in New Zealand. I thought you may like to see it. Unfortunately I have no more information, and the writer didn't seem to know what it was

ijopson
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Re: Doll House Show/Emett

Postby ijopson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:29 am

Apologies to those who tried to see the picture earlier, but I misspelled the label originally.

fatmac
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Free Open Source Software, Cycling, & model railways in the larger scales

Postby fatmac » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:52 am

Definately Emettesque. 8)
Just Playing Trains!

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:21 am

it is from one of Emett's drawings. The wife in the door, husband in the garden(?) even the tree, in fact everything is as in original drawing . The figures look like they are flat photocopies of the figures in original drawing.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Kevin
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: Rowland Emett influenced O-16.5 modelling. Occasional GN15 modelling. Sheds.

Postby Kevin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:59 am

That is such a good representation of the original cartoon. I can't find anything online, but would like to find out more about the builder and his other work.
Railway Modelling inspired by the Holy Trinity of Rowland Emett, Colonel Fred Stephens and Oliver Postgate.

Also postmaster for The Gower Islands Postal Service.

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:59 pm

That is an interesting presentation of the subject.
For all the information which is online in this day and age, there still is much which is not.
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:00 am

I am wondering if the person who built this, comes from art/craft world not model making. One big difference between our world and the art world, as we tend to network better and tell others what we are doing. I have seen 'models' done by artists , and they are superb, but something in the way they are presented is different. This piece feels like some of those , in particular the cartoon figures and the simple baseboard.
Having said that, I would expect info about the person who built it to be displayed, and possibly contact details , maybe even a website.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

ijopson
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby ijopson » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:04 pm

For those who want to see the original item, it's on a blog at myrtlemanorminiature.blogspot.co.uk under the entry dated march 23rd 2014. An exhibition by Wanganui Miniature Club. A google shows a Nick Kaveney as a member of a local model engineering club, so perhaps an NZ member here might be able to discover more (has the maker done other Emett models for instance?).

Return to “Blether”