Thames Valley Gn15 Group

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Dawdawes
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Fancy modelling bigger in smaller spaces

Thames Valley Gn15 Group

Postby Dawdawes » Sat May 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi all
I was thinking of starting a local Gn15 group in and around Reading and the Thames Valley, looking at building a layout for shows in module form to suit any size exhibition.
Any interest let me know at trains@dawdawes.com
Cheers
Dave Cases

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sat May 04, 2013 7:20 pm

I would suggest adopting the APA box as unit of modular construction, then you can join up with others already building modules.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Dawdawes
'boxer
'boxer

APA

Postby Dawdawes » Sat May 04, 2013 9:16 pm

rue_d_etropal wrote:I would suggest adopting the APA box as unit of modular construction, then you can join up with others already building modules.

More info required on APA please this scale is new to me
Dave

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Sat May 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Have a look at the threads under the GnAtterBoxes section of the forum, I think you should see the info you need regarding the APA boxes available from Ikea.
Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

Dawdawes
'boxer
'boxer

apa

Postby Dawdawes » Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 am

More_Cats_Than_Sense wrote:Have a look at the threads under the GnAtterBoxes section of the forum, I think you should see the info you need regarding the APA boxes available from Ikea.

Had a look and yes they are good but it's just not my thing, I prefer to have a full layout that can be split to suit different shows. The SPAs are well done though.
Dave

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Sun May 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Dave,
I wish you luck with setting up a local group. Most of us work on our own. I think Gerry has been the most successful introducing Gn15 to his local club. I have worked with Bob using our combined APA modules, well received but still no-one else has joined our very little group. I have shown that you can pack quite a lot of track into the box, and this hopefully is still going to France in October. I might be taking all my Gn15 to my house there, as it is just sitting here doing very little, and I hate getting rid of layouts. I have enough ideas to fill my house several times.
When you do find anyone else interested please make sure they join this forum. :wink:
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Booga
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Narrow and minimum gauge railways, currently modelling O-16.5 but this site inspires me.

Postby Booga » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Hello Dave,

I work in Reading and live near Wallingford at the moment but sadly don't have the time/money/space for much Gn15 right now. Once I survive a wedding and a house move I might be interested in getting involved.

Keep us informed of how it goes.

Another Dave
Hello, I'm Dave.

So many modelling ideas, so little money!

Heywood Fan
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: Trains, Militaria, Classic Cars, Books

Postby Heywood Fan » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:34 pm

You can do it! I've survived a very hectic time, wedding, house move, another house move [don't ask], family death, father's stroke and move to nursing care home and prospect of redundancy - which explains me joining the forum in 2011 and not posting much between then and now!
Good luck.
Matt
a.k.a. Heywood Fan

Interested in the Heywood Minimum Gauge Concept and occasional modelling in Gn15

Return to “Blether”