(M) Dennis Bus and London Streetcar by OcCre / SP

A section for our lovely Gn15 manufacturers to plug their latest releases and for the rest of us to post our wish lists. Don't be shy.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Adrian
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: model railways including Gn15

Postby Adrian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 pm

G'day Guys

I have a couple of the OcCre tram kits in the pile to be started soon ( :!: :?: :D ) and they are indeed timber with white metal fittings.
Expensive ? Yes ------- but the quality makes it look as though they are worth the cost.
Although if you decide to buy the motorizing kits, they DO seem to be a lot of money !

Cheers
Adrian Hoad
I might be daft but not stupid.

bluey1989
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby bluey1989 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:01 am

I do think the OcCre kits look really good quaility from the assembly videos I have seen on the website (but they are only going to show the best bits, if there are indead any poor bits)

Adrian, would it be possible and not too much of a pain to take a picture or 2 of the kit of parts?

A reply I got when posting the company on the NRGM forum was

'OcCre kits are mostly wood and need a bit of modelling skill as the stripwood etc needs chopping to size although the main kit parts are cut.
I've seen some very good results though and most G scale modellers substitute the USA trains motor block, and modify the kit to fit it, as the Occre ones aren't the best long term.'

However this hasn't put me off and I really do fancy one of the tram kits which at around £70 GBP I dont think is too bad money really...

Found the following UK supplier of the kits http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/aca ... alist.html

Andy

Adrian
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Adrian » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:50 am

G'day Andy

As requested some photos of the 'Tranvia de "SOLLER"' (what ever that means) kit.

The full kit in its box

All the hardware hiding in its little plastic boxes-----looks as if the boxes might be useful later.

A couple of the wooden parts sheets-----in two different types of timber------laser cut to make life a little easier.

The bit that I think has let OcCre down-----the fancy artwork is just printed paper----personally I would have prepared transfers.

Part of the instruction book-----gives some idea of the type of construction required.

Definitely NOT a 'shake the box' or injected plastic kit but I should think well within the skill range of anyone on this forum.

Although the kit is of a particular prototype I will probably add a few of my own touches and finish up with a free-lance model.

Hope that this has been of some help and doesn't frighten you off :shock: :shock:

Cheers
Adrian Hoad

bluey1989
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox

Postby bluey1989 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 am

Adrian,

Thank you for the pictures, most interesting

The strips of wood in the first picture, is that for the paneling on the side of the passenger compartment of the tram? On OcCre website it looks like one piece on the side.

Which as the comments I passed on from another forum need measuring and cutting to suit. Does the instructions tell you/give you the sizes to cut to?

They look good quaility whitemetal castings

I do agree that for the money the fancy artwork printed on paper does let it down. I think with number 82 if that is the passenger compartment roof, and the 44 the controllers you would get away with it but as for the front of the tram, not sure how this would look...
Are they the only paper bits of artwork?

The instructions look very well put together, thought out and easy to follow

You said you had a couple of tram kits, what is the other one and any chance of a look at the other if it's a different tram?

No it definately hasn't put me off, in fact more the opposite, just need to convince the other half that I need one now...

Andy

Adrian
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Adrian » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:58 am

G'day Andy

The strips of wood are for both the outside of the sides and the roof.

In the case of the sides there is a ply 'slab' side which is covered by the strips glued in in the vertical direction. When the glue is dry the excess timber is trimmed off.
The instructions do not give the dimensions but the photos do show an irregular overlap so, providing you don't go mad with the lengths, I assume that there is more than enough timber for the job.
The lengths are to be taken from the actual side rather than using a ruler.

Even though I haven't removed the white metal castings yet they do seem to be rather well made with little or no sign of flash.

Regarding the fancy artwork, #82 is, indeed, the inside of the roof and the instructions recommend varnishing it when the glue is dry. I will probably do this.
The control panel I will probably replace with a black plastic one so that I can fit working lights and such.
Not sure about what to do with the other bits ----- might scan and print as a decal or might just plank the ends and varnish.
The artwork is just a sheet of 'ordinary'paper ----- and as I said before ---- very disappointed.

The instructions have a couple of booklets. One is a series of colour photos that show the various stages and the other give a written description in five different languages ----- Luckerly for me one of those is English :D :D

The second tram is the "Tranvia De Berlin", kit #53004 and as yet I have not even removed the outer plastic wrapping yet so not much to see there.
The OcCre site has more details of it at:-

http://www.occre.com/index.php?option=com_productos&task=showProduct&idproducto=92&lang=en

Must admit that I am looking forward to the build when/if I ever get the work bench clear :D :D
(although not sure when that is to happen !)

Cheers
Adrian Hoad

Jon
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Garden raiways, History of Gt.Yarmouth

OcCre trams

Postby Jon » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 pm

I have noticed that Glendale Junction near Peterborough have had some of the OcCre kits in when I have visited them. Their contact details are below:
5 New Row, Deeping St. James, Peterborough PE6 8NA
Tel: 01778 343183 email:mail@glendalejunction.co.uk

Hope this is helpful
Jon.
Jon

Return to “Trade tittle-tattle”