Future model railroad adhesive in there?

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Willow Creek Traction
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: HO, On30, G/Hn15, regular G, kites, model rockets, the occasional model boat, retro sci-fi miniatures game.

Future model railroad adhesive in there?

Postby Willow Creek Traction » Tue May 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Future model railroad adhesive in there somewhere?
"The glue’s secret ingredients are tiny balls of sugar-coated proteins. These nanoparticles are highly uniform, allowing them to spread out and work their way into nooks and crannies of surfaces. Once the adhesive’s water evaporates, the nanoballs concentrate, and with the help of other materials, including calcium and pectin, the glue hardens. The research team thinks mimicking the approach could yield some new high-strength adhesives—"

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/05/ ... gest-glues
later, Forrest Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. -- Nikola Tesla, July, 1934

Wenhaston
'boxer
'boxer
Interests: Narrow Gauge Railways, real and modelled

Re: Future model railroad adhesive in there?

Postby Wenhaston » Tue May 24, 2016 2:09 pm

This could be very interesting...

I wonder how long it will take to develop and if it will be economical for our application?

Ken
I'm an O16.5er myself, but the more I look at this forum the more tempting a small O9 layout is!

Return to “Blether”