BBC The Repair Shop and Emmet

A general talking shop for any subject under the sun (even Monty Python). This would also be a good place to make suggestions about the site itself or about these forums (or "fora", if you're particularly pedantic).

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

ijopson
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Interests: MODELMAKING, WOODWORK

BBC The Repair Shop and Emmet

Postby ijopson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:43 pm

The BBC afternoon TV show, The Repair Shop, on Thursday. An original Emmet train, (loco, coach and wagon) from 'Emmetland' brought in for repair. Various experts shared their talents to get it running again.
A few of things to note. The owner had it's date wrong, as he placed it after 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, (If I heard right), and it seemed as if the group hadn't heard of Emmett before. The owner also said that Emmet's instructions had been to destroy the layout!
Still, a lovely little section.
I believe it can be seen on I.Player.

Broadoak
GnatterBox Centurion
GnatterBox Centurion
Interests: British Narrow gauge, American shortlines,anything that runs on rails really.

Re: BBC The Repair Shop and Emmet

Postby Broadoak » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:36 am

I have been a regular viewer of the repair shop since the series started and always enjoy it.
It makes a pleasant change to see proper craftsmen doing and enjoying their work. As opposed to the overpaid untalented people we usually see.
I was surprised that they originally thought the Emmet locomotive was battery powered.I think they did a superb job of the restoration.
It is always an interesting programme and well worth watching.

Regards Peter M
Peter M

Return to “Blether”