Gn Miniature

G scale on 9mm track? Are you mad? If so, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: ian holmes

DCRfan
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Very narrow gauge, military & industrial railways

Postby DCRfan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:43 am

The picture I found is presumably buried somewhere in the Echills web site.

It was made by Ikon Engineering so probably similar to those on this website
http://www.ikoneng.com/trains.htm
Paul
Gnu Zealand

More_Cats_Than_Sense
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Railways, Cats, Computers, Beer

Postby More_Cats_Than_Sense » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:22 am

docnjoj wrote:Hi Paul! Where is the Shay? I had a brainstorm of using my ON30 one for a miniature! Cant find the photo, though!
Doc

Gnot the right loco, but suitable for showing what a Bachmann Shay could be made into :D OK I Gnow the Bachmann is a "T" boiler prototype, but who really cares :wink:

Barry Weston

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer.

The only thing that keeps me sane, is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes....

Never knowingly sensible!

Steve Bennett
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: railways?

Postby Steve Bennett » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:10 pm

Very pretty, that would look nice in the garden, oh hang on, I dont think it would fit :lol:
Steve Bennett
Sidelines
http://www.pepper7.com

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Postby docnjoj » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:40 pm

I actually have an old Keystone/NWSL Shay converted to ON30! The boilers are quite similar! Too bad I dont like toy "toy" trains. My driver would gneed to sit in the engine under some shelter, like a cab! Oh well!
Doc
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

DCRfan
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: Very narrow gauge, military & industrial railways

Postby DCRfan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Echills Wood is only 7.25" gauge. A sit in steam loco would be a pretty big ask. Set your prototype around 10.25" gauge and thats possible.

There was a nice Shay on the 16" guage Pinnconning & Blind River railway. See http://www.telmore.com/p&br.html. The website shows a black three truck version. The History of Model & Miniature Railways magazine Part 20 shows a Silver two truck version.
Paul

Gnu Zealand

docnjoj
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: used to model 7/8 scale but now am definitely hooked on GN15 as my only scale until now. G9 has appeared.

Postby docnjoj » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Thanks Paul! The 3 truck still looks toy like with the hole in the roof! Mines a 2 truck that runs really slow, but Ill have to try your cab on it for a test! Photos in the modeling matters section whe I get less lazy! I did get a tripod, and it really makes a difference!
Doc
edit: Since its HO gauge(the Keystone), it should probably go into Modeling Matters! Sorry
David (Doc)
Fairhope, AL USA
After extensive recalculation, I have determined that the meaning of life is NOT 42! The secret of life, however is "enjoying the passage of time" (James Taylor)

Return to “GNine”