I see it's over 4 months since I posted about the Eimco Compressed Air loco build - that's a long time, even by my standards. Since the New Year I've had other calls on my time,
although I've managed to keep up with the Forum. I have managed to give the odd bit of time over to the modelling, but as March approached I thought I'd better get a wiggle on
and finish it off.
I tried weathering with those Weathering liquids, but found it frustrating to use them layered, as the new coat washed the previous one away! Probably it's intended to be the final
bit of weathering. Anyway, after a couple of attempts I washed it all off and reverted to my 'slosh it on and wipe it off' technique with well-thinned
acrylics. The results follow:
A view into the driver's 'cab'
As usual, Den the driver gate-crashed the photo-shoot. Since I stuck a 4mm insert into his mid-section he's got a bit above himself. He does lend a bit of scale, I suppose.
I wanted to have a dirty, work-scarred finish - over-done again, by the look of things.