Gn15 modules built by GnAtterboxers ... in boxes

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Voyager
True GnATTERbox
True GnATTERbox
Location: Staffordshire (but the other end of the County from Gnosall!), UK

APA Christmas

Postby Voyager » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Was out dealing with some errands in the wet and murk first thing this morning, which happened to be pre-Christmas wheelie bin day in our part of town. Stood next to a bin I passed was a discarded but intact APA. Suffice to say it is I rather one of our bin men who will now be building an APA module!

Before I start very grateful if a more experienced APA-ist could please remind me of the conventions regarding the positioning and dimensions of the mouseholes (for UK Gn15 use).

Many thanks in advance, and Season's Greetings to all.
Regards to all,

Voyager

rue_d_etropal
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: France, any narrow/minmum gauge 40cm,50cm , 60cm

Postby rue_d_etropal » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:51 am

any position at the ends. Height above base is only thing, 50mm or thickness of standard styrofoam insulation. Maybe you will be lucky and find some discarded in a skip.
Need some means of wiring between boxes. I use Hifi stereo sprung speaker connectors, others use chocolate block connectors, just remember which wire goes to which rail.
Links between boxes are short lengths of track.
Almost forgot, boxes are on their sides, giving more height but less track space.
Simon Dawson
(Simon D.),
Narrow gauge Francophile interested in 1m, 60cm,50cm , 40cm and smaller gauges . Build in scales from 1/6th to 1/24th. Also 1/32nd and 1/35th using 16.5mm track to represent 50cm and 60cm gauges.
http://www.rue-d-etropal.com

Return to “GnAtterBoxes”