The Penny Farthing Railway

Want to talk about Sir Arthur Heywood's 15" gauge railways? About modern day minimum gauge lines? Have you found a minimum gauge line you've not seen mentioned on the website? Want directions to one of the railways that is mentioned? Whatever your interest in real minimum gauge lines, post your questions (and answer other modellers' questions) here.

Moderator: GnATTERbox Moderators

Simon Andrews
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer
Interests: narrow gauge modelling, 009, 09.

The Penny Farthing Railway

Postby Simon Andrews » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any picture and dimensions for the little battery electric locos that ran on the 7.25" gauge Penny Farthing Railway?

Simon.

chris stockdale
Millegniumer
Millegniumer
Interests: most things narrow gauge, model or full size, especially 7 1/4" 'minimal' (which is sub Heywood ride on)

Postby chris stockdale » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:11 am

Hi Simon,

Time to treat yourself to issue 9 of Miniature Railway Magazine. There's an article with photos of the line and stock including the locos. No dimensions but I'd reckon that around 50" x 22" would be a reasonable estimate.

Do tell us more about your interest.

cheers,

Simon Andrews
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Simon Andrews » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks Chris,

Yes my online subscription has lapsed, so may have to do the dirty deed and renew.

I am thinking of building a model for the EXPONG critter challenge. I had thought about a model of your little scooter but understand although designed by yourself it was ultimately built by Phoenix Works, so would not qualify for the challenge :roll:

Simon.

Simon Andrews
Demi-Millegniumer
Demi-Millegniumer

Postby Simon Andrews » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:59 am

I found some un-scaled plans of loco Nos 3 in issue 19.

My plan is now to build a suitable driver from the spare bits of figures that I have in the bits box.

I will then rescale the plans using the track gauge in the plans and the figure as a reference to produce a model that why not a scale reproduction, should look proportionally acceptable.

Simon.

Return to “Prototype Prattles”